I Have Passed That Stage, Nobody Can Kidnap Me Again- Gov Akeredolu Boasts

By Jimoh Mubarak
2 months ago
Politics - Top Stories

Ondo State Governor, Oluwatotimi Akeredolu, says his orderly became jittery when his convoy encountered a gang of kidnappers, boasting that with his status, he can no longer be kidnapped.

He admitted that travelling on Nigerian roads has become a major source of worry for the rich and the poor.

Akeredolu, who was speaking during a live TV/Radio programme in the state tagged “Speak With Mr Governor” on Sunday revealed that sometimes his convoy has been confronted by suspected kidnappers on Akure-Ilesa-Ibadan highway.

According to him, on those occasions, the kidnappers always run into the bush when his security men opened fire.

"I have encountered them once or twice and even as a governor with my crew, I remembered I had to tell my people to move on. My orderly was shaking. But I said wherever they (kidnappers) were, we would confront them," Akeredolu said.

"There is no need to run away. On my way to Ibadan the last time, we saw them and we moved but the advantage is that by the time, we shoot into the air, they scampered into the bush.

d543b7177213c112685e954e00a9031ec6434cd9.webp

"Even if I walk they cannot kidnap me. I have passed the stage. Kidnapping is not limited to those poor people alone, and I agreed that those with convoys might be safe."

The governor, who revealed that his convoy was almost attacked on the Ibadan-Akure road by the suspected kidnappers, stressed that he cannot be kidnapped because he rides in a convoy of armed security men.

On the increasing rate of kidnapping, Akeredolu said: "It is what happened to every other generation. There was a time the armed robbery was very prevalent but that is fading away gradually.

"It is becoming a fashion to go into kidnapping. I now know that travelling from here (Akure) to Ibadan is now a source of concern because people now go by rail. But you can go by air from Lagos to Akure and do your business; that is the advantage our government has created.

Nsofor Chizoba
2 months ago
he should take it easy
This is self confidence in play
Okayooo we should be careful in where we are going even if you have passed or not that is my advice to all
Okayooo just be safe
don't let them come for you
His only God have the protection of mankind just appreciate God not by power
Only God can protect lives
Kolawole Felix
2 months ago
he shouldn't be saying words that can call them to him
Ayuba Usman
2 months ago
He knows what he stands on
Melody Ogochukwu