‘Modern African Woman Is Being Limited’ – Tiwa Savage

By Mod2   4 days ago   109
Entertainment - Top Stories

Tiwa Savage

Singer, Tiwa

Nigerian afro-pop singer, Tiwa Savage has opened up about her challenge as a top music star following her latest feature on the cover of Billboard magazine.

Speaking via her official Instagram page on Thursday, she stated that a lot of people in Africa still have the idea that a woman has to be submissive, which is not a bad thing, but that the modern black woman is being limited.

She wrote:

“A lot of people in Africa still have the idea that a woman has to be submissive, stay at home and be the wife and mother.

“Don’t get me wrong. Those are great morals to keep. But I think the modern African woman, the modern black woman is being limited. We can do both. You can have a successful full-time job, you can be strong and vulnerable at the same time.

“That’s the message I’m trying to put across. So when you see my videos or see me on the red carpet, don’t think I’m not at home cooking for my son or helping him with homework when I’m not doing shows.”

Stanley

Still the first

Apakhi Elijah

The truth is bitter

Divine Favour

Woman who has a good

No be lie my dear

No they are unlimited

Ifeoma

Tiwa you are a model

This people is talking very well

Dave

Yes they are limited

Bomadi

Tiwa sal vage well spoken

Woman being limited

Owolabi Salami

Tiwa nice word

Dwem Simeon

To day is good day

Timothy Simon

A big lesson

Alpha Yohanna

That's to you

Godpower Adam

Bbsh I don withdraw my application to the group and the other is a group of boys but I don't have a car and I will

Ephraim Idogho

Tiwa are you sure

Should they be unlimited?

She is making sense