Lady Denied Entrance Into A Restaurant Because Of Her Hairstyle

By Prominent Sylvanus   5 days ago   206
Environment - Top Stories

An Instagram user, Oluwagbeminiyi has just shared this incredible story of how she was denied access to a restaurant in Lagos because of her Hairstyle.

Read below:

669e57be555e5f1f8dfe78c85a061c27?quality=hq&format=webp&resize=720&watermark=true

Continue reading after the cut.

About a weekago weekago! I got denied access into "Butholes Restaurant" because my hair was like this.

Guy at the door deemed it too "local" but proceeded to allow 2 weave wearing ladies and 2 other men walk in, while moving me aside with his giant forearm.

I've been through the motions this weekfrom embarrassment, to anger, to unworthiness to severe self consciousness to complete defiance in changing my hairstyle. .

I say it time and time again, this "self love" thing is a chore, a tiring one.

Found myself wanting to cover my "glory". Wore a hat throughout COPA even though I was in the shade for the fear that one security official will impede me from doing my job.

I wanted a wig for fun the week before the event; but last week, I started to really dream about owning one till I found out the price (Jesos is lord) and decided, self love is harder but cheaper.

It's important for me to state, that my hair is natural not because I am a naturalista, but because I love food.

What has food got to do with it? Well when you eat as much as I do, you have the tendency to be obese, when you have the tendency to be obese, you need to work out. When you work out you sweat and I need access to my scalp always. And more importantly, I must eat.

That is the reason why I went to "butholes" in the first place. Food.

I shouldn't be judged, no one, should be judged because they want to eat.

Many people have many takes on this. Feminist, Patriotic, Indigenous, black girl magic etc.

My take is Human, that people, all people must be treated with dignity and respect no matter who they are or what their choices are and finally, all human beings must eat.

Osujiemmanuel

lol. Very funny to my hearing

Africa beauty hair style

Jude Ebuka

that's my best day w

At least one day

Oyins Torulolo

What's her hairstyle got 2 do

Ugbaje Hillary

Lady study

Mbanugo Victor

Seriously hairstyle ke, lol

Linus Utsalo

That's too bad nah people

Ogenna Umeh

Y denying

Ndaw Kingsley

It's a pity.

Usman Yusuf

Why is that

Margret Uti

Discrimination because of hairstyle....this is new

Iwomi Destiny

Love is real

Grace Sunday

There is food is selling that is why

Leonard

It's not good at all to treat her like that

Ogor Favour

All humans must eat good food my sister

Gift Tarila

Funny. Why will you deny someone access to a restaurant because of her hair

Africa beauty hair style

Was their a sanction before

Wat rubbish.....