It was the eve to my NYSC camp and I wanted to see her before traveling, man narrate his story

By Osikemuwe Endurance   1 month ago   151
NYSC - Top Stories

"It was the eve to my NYSC camp and I wanted to see her before traveling the next morning. When I couldn't reach her on the phone, I had to go to her house. At the door, her sister was acting uncomfortable with my visit. The mother came in later and was also shocked to see me. Their actions were strange but I didn't think anything of it. They told me she had gone out and I told them I would wait. From 5.pm to 12 midnight, I waited. The mother kept on asking me to go. She finally said her daughter had gone to her maternal home and won't be returning. That was how I left and in the morning, I went to camp. While in camp, we continued talking everyday with nothing amiss. Then one day, my cousin called saying he was suspecting my girl wanted to have her traditional marriage. I told him he was wrong and maybe it was her sister. We had just spoken that morning and she didn't give me any hint of something like that. I told my cousin to make inquiries and bring me the details which he did. It happened the marriage was on the coming Friday and we were having that discussion on a Wednesday. She didn't call me again for those two days and neither did I. On the day of the marriage, I called her several times. I kept on calling for 7 more days but she didn't pick. However, she went ahead to post her marriage pictures on social media. Then she blocked me on all platforms. I was hurt. I wanted an explanation at least but she wouldn't even give me one. It broke me badly because I loved her and had plans to settle down with her as soon as possible.

Fortunately, the service year kept me busy and away so I healed and moved on. That was years ago. Early this year, I got married. She must have seen the pictures on social media, gotten my number somehow and chatted me up on WhatsApp. At first I was mad. I wanted to lash out at her for how she treated me. She told me she was back to her father's house. The marriage didn't work out.

Recently, I travelled out of the country for business and when she saw my pictures, she chatted me up again finally apologizing for the past and telling me she was regretting her actions. From the things she said, I just realised I didn't know her as well as I thought I did. She just gravitates to where the money is.

I felt bad then for losing her but I now know it was God saving me from a marriage with her. Who knows, it would have taken my traveling out to actually get her to stay "

- Dubem

2692d1a161e538e73a7e48513b4a0fc0?quality=uhq&format=webp&resize=720

Emmanuel Arowolo

Traveling,.,.,.,.,.,.

Abdulrahman Raji

Camp story

Jeremiah Stephen
1 month ago

This is really really tragic I must say

Ridwan Lawal

Traveling

Promise

Gfgggfhgfggdgdggd

Asuai Rufus

Nysc camping

Heartbreaking news.

Stanley Obasi

Pitiful you

So painful to hear

Hope Cheque

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Disappointment is an appointment in disguise.

Girls are so heartless

Inyang Edet Esuk

Why covering face

Ikobo Peter
1 month ago

Sorry guy God will give you your love

Training ifd know when you're ready to go

Joel Isaac

God save you

Ifeanyi Gift

So for you, traveling

Ahmed Obicha

Camp story wahala

Lawal Samson
1 month ago

Some disappointments are indeed a blessing

Kelechi Pepple