Two Surefire Ways To Lose Weight

By Joshua Arasomwan   8 months ago   252
Health - Top Stories

TWO SUREFIRE WAYS TO LOSE WEIGHT.

When we say weight loss, what do we mean?

Weight loss, in the context of medicine, health, or physical fitness, refers to a reduction of the total body mass, due to a mean loss of fluid, body fat or adipose tissue or lean mass, namely bone mineral deposits, muscle, tendon, and other connective tissue.

Moving on to the main point, what are the two surefire ways to lose weight?

The two surefire ways to lose weight are:-

1. FASTING

Fasting is the willing abstinence or reduction of some or all food, drink, or both, for a period of time.

An absolute fast or dry fasting is normally defined as abstinence from all food and liquid for a defined period.

Intermittent fasting(also known as intermittent energy restriction, is an umbrella term for various meal timing schedules that cycle between voluntary fasting and non-fasting over a given period) can help with weight loss.

A very small 2009 study published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that 16 obese people who ate a very restricted diet three days per week lost an average of 12 pounds over 8 weeks. I personally can vouch for this, it worked for me, in layman terms, i weighed 95kg as at November 2019 then 70kg now, lets rewind back a little to when people always call me fat, with that hanging over my head, being tagged as “FAT”, i had to do something about it, i myself wasn’t comfortable with the way I was(fat butt, breasts shooting out like a woman’s{my mum recommended I wear a bra(yes, it was that bad)} and pot belly), so I just decided to abstain from food and eat just once a day(my mom was worried i might have ulcer, but I put her mind at ease by explaining that what I’m doing has no risk involved, that it was safe), to cut a very long story short, I was consistent, Christmas was the only day I broke protocol and ate more than once(four times to be exact lol). By January this year, I knew I had lost weight, my body wasn’t how it was last year..Something interesting happened next, a cousin of mine visited for the new year and still was calling me fat after we ate, he was bigger than me in more ways than one, so I told him I knew myself, and that I didn’t weigh up to 100kg, as expected , he was in doubt, so we made a bet of a thousand naira each and that if I weighed  up to 100kg that I will keep the money, after his goodbyes with my mom and granny, I escorted him out of the house, so we went to the nearest pharmacy around and checked our weight, Lo and Behold, the pharmacist called out a number I will never forget, she said “70kg”, my cousin was shocked, i myself was too and excited at the same time..The point of sharing my personal experience is to prove to you that fasting works.

Without consistency(always doing one thing over and over again, same time, everyday), this surefire way that worked for me, won’t work for you(of course it took a lot to abstain from food, but I did it anyway, if I can, so can you).

AND

1. EXERCISING

There are actually three major types of exercises namely:

• Cardiovascular
  • Strength training
  • Flexibility or stretching.

To lose weight more effectively, you will incorporate all of the above activities into a complete program.

When you create a balanced workout schedule, you're likely to see faster results on the scale.

HEALTH TOP STORY WEIGHT LOSS SUREFIRE WAYS

Leo Murphy

Weight loss

Chibuikem

weight loss

Mahmud Usman

Two surefire ways to

Ehimen Liberty
8 months ago

I choose exercise as best way to loose weight, the former is also good

Okafor Ebuka

Excellent thanks

Amos Sunday

Hmmmm kind

Mojito

Na tu chop abi

Aondolumun Jerome

Interested in that

Way to lose weight

Rabiata Muhammad

Writing is my identity

Buoro Emmanuel
8 months ago

I will try them out soon

Rabiata Muhammad
8 months ago

Really appreciate your time and consideration

Lose weight